Next 2016 RDX Acura Generation, ust within the past year, the quantity of little, upscale, crossover SUVs vying for shopper attention has fully grown well. In response, Acura has given its 5-passenger RDX model quite simply a nip here and a tuck there.
Changes for Next 2016 RDX
- • Sharpened exterior styling with commonplace crystal rectifier headlights and taillights, new wheel styles
- • Updated interior with new trim, rear seat air-con vents, heated front seats
- • Revised Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) complex body part so as to produce higher indweller protection in a very collision
- • additional powerful three.5-liter V6 Power and gas-saving Variable Cylinder Manage tech
- • Revised steering, suspension, and optional AWD system standardisation
- • Technology possibility package adds 8-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat, HD Radio, multi-view cam, blind spot obser system, rear over-traffic alert system, and a dual-screen motion picture system setup
- Acura view and possibility pack together with cross departure warning with lane keeping assist, adaptative controller on other collision warning, associate greed an autoemergency braking system
- • New Advance possibility package armament the RDX with Acura Watch and safety systems, fog lights, rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming aspect mirrors, up and back sensors, control power beginning, ventilated front seats, and 18-inch metallic element wheels
Decisions, Next RDX Acura Generation
As a results of the changes for 2016, shopping for associate degree RDX is additional advanced. You’ll must to decide between all-wheel drive, so confirm that of 3 possibility packages you’d prefer to purchase: Acura Watch and, Technology, or Advance.
- Acura Watch and Package:
Adds associate degree adaptative controller a system forward collision alaret, auto emergency braking, lane departure warning, and lane keeping assist systems.
- a Techno Pack:
inject a blind spot observance system with rear cross-traffic alert, a dual-screen motion image system with a navi system and time traffic show, a premium surround sound sound system, a multi-view reversing cam, voice rec technology, Eyes Free compatibility, a GPS-linked and solar-sensing climate system, and sport seats with perforated animal skin upholstery and 8-way front traveler power seat adjustment.
• Advance Package:
Includes AcuraWatch and and Technology possibility package content, together with a singular metallic element wheel style, fog lights, front and rear parking sensors, rain-sensing wipers, ventilated front seats, and remote engine beginning.
Power and Performance
Acura installs a brand new three.5-liter V6 engine within the 2016 RDX, one use with volume Cylinder Management tech that permits the engine to work on fewer cylinders underneath sure conditions so as to conserve gas. The new engine is additionally slightly additional powerful than before.
• 3.5-liter V6
• 279 H.P. at six,200 rpm
• 252 lb.-ft. of force at four,900 rpm
• 6-speed transmission
• Front- or all-wheel drive
The RDX’s optional AWD system doesn't embrace Acura’s Super Handling AWD force vectoring technology. however, Acura says it's retuned the RDX’s comparatively easy AWD system to produce larger rear force bias for 2016, the goal to create a additional part driving expertise.
Fuel Economy Ratings
In combined driving, the EPA offers the Acura RDX the subsequent fuel economy ratings:
• Front-wheel drive: twenty three mpg
• All-wheel drive: twenty two mpg
More vital than this year’s mechanical enhancements, the RDX’s safety upgrades lead to important enhancements.
Acura upgraded SUV’s underlying models, enhancing it to next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering standards so as to enhance indweller protection in a very collision.
A new blind-spot observance system with rear cross-traffic alert is owed given the RDX’s mission as a luxury SUV, and therefore the contents of the AcuraWatch and possibility package positively keep the RDX competitive.
Because the 2016 RDX is structurally revised, specifically to enhance its crashworthiness, each the NHTSA and therefore the Insurance Institute for route Safety (IIHS) should re-assess the SUV.
• NHTSA: 5-star ratings for frontal-impact tests, and a 4-star change resistance rating. Side-impact take a look at results were unfinished as this report was printed. Previously, the RDX attained high ratings for all side-impact tests.
• IIHS: The IIHS had not rated the 2016 RDX as this report was printed.
Price and Payment*
As this report is printed, Acura desires $36,100 for a base RDX with no choices, whereas a loaded example runs $44,340.
Appealing lease deals square measure sometimes obtainable for the RDX. If you’d rather purchase one, your payment might appear as if this:
• Base RDX: $581 per month
• Loaded RDX: $713 per month
*Based on five-hitter negotiated discount, 8 May 1945 tax/fees, 100% payment, 60-month funding at four.5%